About Ann Grove, CIPP
Ann is president and lead consultant for Logical Writing Solutions, Inc., which she founded in 2000. Among her accomplishments, Ann has helped several large organizations comply with a complex matrix of federal and state legislation. Ann's career started in newspaper journalism and wandered into marketing for civil and structural engineers, before she discovered fulfillment for both sides of her brain in technical communication. Ann has taught technical communication at the community college level, and speaks passionately in various forums about topics including successful consulting and strategic use of social media.
Ann holds a bachelor's degree in mass communication from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, with a concentration in journalism, has completed additional studies in advanced math and science at Lafayette College and Villanova University, and is certified in Information Mapping.
- Follow Ann on Twitter!
- Role: Project Manager, Business Analyst, Technical Communicator, Trainer.
- Experience: 20+ years in various communication roles.
- Subject Matter Strengths: Privacy, Sarbanes-Oxley, other areas of compliance, finance, accounting, marketing, field sales, point of sale (POS), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management, human resources, network administration, security, and civil engineering.
- Education: B.A., Mass Communications, concentration in journalism, Bloomsburg University. Additional studies in advanced math and science at Lafayette College and Villanova University.
- Professional Development: Certified Information Privacy Professional. Certified in Information Mapping: Developing Procedures, Policies and Documentation, a method used to efficiently analyze, organize, and present technical information. A lifelong learner, Ann attends meetings held by a variety of professional organizations.
- Professional Activities: Member, Society for Technical Communication
(2000 to present); STC chapter memberships, New York City and Philly Metro. Member, Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (2006 to present). Member, International Assocation of Privacy Professionals (2011 to present).